Japanese speaking business development - job swap?

Guest kezz

Hi All, new to this forum today (and not a pom - sorry)

I am and Aussie, currently working for a sogo shosha (think Mitsubishi, Itochu, Marubeni, Sumitomo, Sojitz etc) in Sydney. For family reasons, my wife and I are looking to move to London early next year. My employer is aware of this and we are now considering the issue of replacing me (plenty of work to do). I was thinking of a job swap website as I have the issue of getting employment in the UK. As my wife is an EU national I don't have any visa issues to live/work in the UK.

Does anyone know of a site in London where people are looking for a job in Sydney and may consider a job swap for similar skill sets - or is it all like in Australia (seek.com.au or through agencies).

Ideally I am after someone at a Japanese speaking firm in London who wants to move to a Japanese speaking firm in Sydney. English language a must with Japanese speaking ability (not necessary to read/write Japanese). They would have some experience in B2B, maybe some finance experience - and ideally experience in industrial machinery and/or projects. That's basically what I offer my firm and they very much don't want me to leave. We hired a new person last year in my department and that was very difficult as it was (and even then, the new hire couldn't speak Japanese).

Is there any member on this forum who has a contact in the London soga shosha scene? I would be happy to contact them direct and see who's interested in coming over.

Thanks all,

Kezz

Archived