Health Insurance Pre Existing

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

I'm not sure if anyone can help I took out insurance in Dec, had an op for a pre existing in May which was messed up and now I need to see a neurologist urgently, the thing is because Cairns has recently got one, yes just one when I went to the hospital today they said I can't really wait but they have no say over the other department, she spent ages on the phone trying to get me in. The consultant went to chat with her boss about referring me down to Brissy (already been referred for something else) but it turns out if I'm already on the waiting list here I can't be referred down South, so the only other way is to go private, we don't have a private neurologist in Cairns so I'd need to come South, anyway my question is, if I went private (haven't had insurance for the 12 month pre existing period) would they pay out as I didn't have these problems before they stuffed me up, or would it be classed as a knock on effect from a pre existing therefore not covered

They "might" cover it. probably worth contacting them to ask, and if they say yes, ask for that in writing/email. Given it sounds like you'd be a private patient in a public hospital, they're probably more likely to cover that than if you were going to a private hospital.

Archived