Can You Just Hire A Container?

gwolst77

Quick question can you just hire a container from a shipping company and pack it yourself, and if so what's a ball park price?

Originally I was going to stagger my shipments using Sevenseas Move Cubes (A large cube in August and another large cube in November).

However after chating with the wife, it looks like I can take a lot more stuff which was ear marked for the second move in the first move. So that will be two large Move Cubes in August with a small Move Cube in November.

Two large Move Cubes is gonna be around £2000 plus insurance and inspection fees, so I was wondering if I could get a 20FT container (or slightly smaller) instead and pack it myself (not bothered if it's a bit more money as I have a relocation budget from my new employer).

Knowing I have a bit more room to play with (so can stock up with additonal stuff thats cheaper to buy in the UK) and also that I won't have two sets of inspection fees might just swing the balance in favour of a container.

The link to my previous post regarding what I am shipping is below

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport-shipping/156878-shipping-advice-please.html

:confused:

Archived