Australian tax return

Katerina

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone can answer this Q for me

We arrived to OZ in april 2012 and hubby had income while we were living in IRL ,I am just working on his tax return for may and june 2012 and there is question how much did he earn between 01/07/2011 and april 2012 abroad..does it mean he has to pay taxes on his irish income again in here??

hope that makes sense and we have PR

thanks

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone can answer this Q for me

We arrived to OZ in april 2012 and hubby had income while we were living in IRL ,I am just working on his tax return for may and june 2012 and there is question how much did he earn between 01/07/2011 and april 2012 abroad..does it mean he has to pay taxes on his irish income again in here??

hope that makes sense and we have PR

thanks

Hi

I know the UK and Oz tax people have an agreement that you won't pay tax twice for the same income. And it is my understanding that they share information to ensure this doesn't happen -- so your answer to the Q will help verify things I guess. In my (unprofessional) opinion it would be unlikely that you'd have to pay tax if already paid in Ireland.

Cheers

Ross

Thanks Ross,

We were living in IRELAND but I was advised that I don't have to declare any income from abroad until the date I validated my PR so I think we are ok

Hi Katerina

Just for the sake of clarification, I know you said Ireland -- my point was that as the UK Government had an agreement with Oz, the Irish Govt might have too, so paying double tax wasn't likely to happen if you had to declare it. Good news tho ;-)

Cheers

Ross

Archived