singapore airlines baggage allowance

Guest sarwar

Guest sarwar

Hi,

I am travelling to Brisbane on 31st July through singapore airlines with my wife & two young kids ( 3 & 1). Could anyone advise me regarding baggage allowance . Its mentioned in the ticket only 20 kg !

Are they very strict or there is chance for negotiation ?

Any help appreciated.

Guest GeorgeD

If you are making your first trip on a Permanent Visa you normally get a double allowance from Singapore I believe, other than that you won't really get much else from them. Excess baggage charges are normally extremely expensive for most airlines, but contact them directly to see what it would cost you. If you have a fair amount, then look at companies like sevenseas who do excess baggage air frieght. Much cheaper than excess baggage on your flight and gets there in less than a week.

You might get a way with a couple fo extra kilos if you are lucky, but if you are way over you won't get much leeway. I think it's always better to find out in advance rather than standing at the front of the queue with your bags being told it's going to cost more than the price of your flight for your excess luggage!

I know that last time I flew with Emirates they were charging people in front of me GBP50 per Kg for excess baggage from Glasgow - Brisbane. their standard economy allowance is 30Kg though. I don't know the Singapore costs, but check up front so you don't get a shock when it's too late to do anything about it.

Guest sarwar

thanks a lot GeorgeD for the useful information.

I have sent an email to singapore airlines and waiting for the reply ... expecting positive response !!!

Archived