Handy Websites for Information?

Guest freddie3184

Guest freddie3184

Hi folks

I'm moving over to Melbourne from Swansea early next year all being well. Initially on a WHV and have a few queries hopefully some of you can answer.

Would really like to know if anyone has any websites that they recommend for jobs or information (other that this one of course!) I've gone through the Australian government one and places like Seek. Little known sites that assisted you or helpful local job agencies I could email. Looking at St Kilda area to begin with but that's just provisional.

I'd really like to sort something out job-wise or have a good prospect of one before I go. Not sure how possible this is with non career positions. I plan on basing myself in Melbourne/Victoria for the duration of my stay as I've travelled elsewhere in the country before.

Big into my sport so hoping to get the F1, Lions and Ashes tour in next year. Love to get into some of the local stuff too.

Travelling alone currently and really don't want to do the hostel thing again! Think I'm going to use airbnb and couch surfing until I find something a bit more permanent.

Anyway, enough rambling from me. Thanks in advance for any help with my post!

Cheers

Freddie

Twitter:@freddiejones84

Its not likely you will be able to get employment until you arrive. Not sure what its like in call centres these days, there are hospitality jobs but you need to have certificates to be employed in those. You will need to do courses to get the certificates.

A lot of unskilled people looking for work in Melbourne these days so you will not be the only one going after a job.

My daughter just changed jobs and there were seven hundred applicants for the job. They were just the ones that got an interview.

Guest freddie3184

Cheers Petals. At least there are jobs! Hospitality would be what I'm looking for straight off. Done a fair bit of coffee barista stuff but know I need a certificate to work in bars. Going to do a cocktail course at the European Bar School which has a place in Melbourne so hopefully get something through that.

Archived