Colleges in Adelaide

JayH

You can find that with a 2 second online search ;) Put in 'colleges, Adelaide, South Australia' or some such gets you plenty of returns.

This one was second on the search return list. There are more results if you search for them, then you can take your pick and read up :)

http://www.tafesa.edu.au/

Guest AdelaideMum

Hi JayH, Colleges can mean different things in different countries. Over here in Adelaide a college can be a private high school (ages 13 to 17) as an alternative to the state system, and the rest are for ages 17 to adults. They are TAFE which is the alternative to university for certificate 3 & 4, diplomas and advanced diplomas (ex-governent system but well run and reputable) , and then there are a few private colleges that are set up as full fee paying for the many asians or indians who come on a study visa then bring their whole family (I have hired quite a few as cleaners). There are also a couple of private colleges specifically to get you the score needed to get an entrance into university. When I say private, I mean full fee paying, so the government doesn't contribute. The general feeling among locals is that you buy your way into a senior college if you are not smart enough to win yourself a place in uni or tafe, but thats Aussies. If I was looking at the CV of a new migrant I wouldn't judge the same way. So, when you ask for a college......what type of college do you mean? How old is the learner and what topic of study and what level of study is needed?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived