Kaula lumpar.

Guest JK2510

Guest GeorgeD

I was there in April for a couple of stopovers on my way to/from Thailand. ventured into the city both times.

Is it cheap? Shopping in the city was slightly cheaper than Australia, but not hugely. Perfume at the airport was more expensive than perfume in shops in Oz! There are some really big malls which are similar to Oz/UK design. We didn't really have time to venture much further unfortunately.

Food was ridiculously cheap. Even the good stuff. We stayed in the KLIA Concord Hotel on the way back and had dinner there. It was by a long, long way the best meal we have had in ages, and it was even cheaper than Thailand. On the way out we ate in the city, and eating out was about a quarter the cost of Australia. Huge variety of food styles too.

It's a really, really busy city. Huge buildings and lots of traffic and lots of people.

Tip for getting in and out of the city...the airport is about a 1 hour drive from the city. If there are 3 or more of you, a taxi is cheaper than the train. The airport train isn't cheap, but it is clean, fast and efficient.

Guest JK2510

Thanks looking for a shopping destination...with reasonable prices on a budget....it sounds good for food but shopping not so much!

Guest GeorgeD

Like I said, we only really went to the big malls (teenagers in tow, so "exploring" was BORING - the only exploring they did was to find a McDonalds, sigh)

I can't really say about any shopping outside of the big malls. I only remember one of them, Mid Valley Mega Mall. It was huge. The teenagers did manage to buy some make up which is difficult to get or expensive in Oz which they seemed really impressed about. Bobbi Brown or Mac or something, not really my area of expertise!Highlight was seeing a shop called B.U.M equipment. Yes, i took a photo. Here's proof...http://www.midvalley.com.my/TenantPage.aspx?Ucode=a15a10e6-3597-47ec-8ce7-1571563fd4de

Archived