Best Quotes with compannies in the North West for shipping to Melbourne?

WAITINGGAME

Hi All,

I have sold my house in the last few days and providing it all goes thru and to plan i will be wanting to ship my stuff over at the end of September.

I am based in the North West and looking for some cheap reliable companies for me to get quotes from?

Can you please recommend any? How many quotes did you actually get? Did you manage to barter with them etc?

When your items get to melboure do you have to collect from the docks/warehouse or do they deliver to the address once you have one.?

Thanks for you help everyone.

i have lots of questions.....there will be many more appearing lol

Ok here goes, I done lots of reading on here, reading peoples quotes etc so we had an idea of what to expect price wise, we invited Robinsons round to quote us for our furniture etc, a guy called Danny came to see us, he used his machine to measure up and told us we would need a sole use of 20 ft container, 1100 CU/FT, he told us we was just over at 144 CU/FT, his price for the 1100 CU/FT was £3850 full service door to door, inc 100 mile from Brisbane dock. The additional 144 Cu/FT would be done on groupage at £575, we have since had a good sort out and kept the cost down to £3850.

Ok here goes, I done lots of reading on here, reading peoples quotes etc so we had an idea of what to expect price wise, we invited Robinsons round to quote us for our furniture etc, a guy called Danny came to see us, he used his machine to measure up and told us we would need a sole use of 20 ft container, 1100 CU/FT, he told us we was just over at 144 CU/FT, his price for the 1100 CU/FT was £3850 full service door to door, inc 100 mile from Brisbane dock. The additional 144 Cu/FT would be done on groupage at £575, we have since had a good sort out and kept the cost down to £3850.

Thank Alan we will have a look at these, we have had one price can't remember who it was with ....I know if was someone based in Manchester and got quoted £2900 then insurance was on top, will have to dig it out and have another look, it was a while back

Good price u got though think ours was half a container

Archived