Anyone know the cost of diuretics - Spironolactone & Frusomide (liquid not tablets)?

poochibabes

Hi peeps

I'm doing some investigating work to see if we are going to cost the ozzy system more than the $21k over 5 years and if we will be able to get through the door based on costings. My daughter is given Diurectics as she was born with a hole in her heart (she does not need an operation as the hole is starting to close spontaneously by growing a flap of skin - in fact she is currently being weaned off the diurectics and is likely to be off them for good come Feb 2013. At present she is taking Frusomide & Spironolactone (both liquid form as she is an Infant)

I am struggling to find the costings so anyone who is currently aware of the costs would be helping me out a great deal!

Also she will need a yearly echo with a cardiologist just to check on how the hole is closing - any idea of that cost would also be gratefully received!

Thanks in advance x

Hi peeps

I'm doing some investigating work to see if we are going to cost the ozzy system more than the $21k over 5 years and if we will be able to get through the door based on costings. My daughter is given Diurectics as she was born with a hole in her heart (she does not need an operation as the hole is starting to close spontaneously by growing a flap of skin - in fact she is currently being weaned off the diurectics and is likely to be off them for good come Feb 2013. At present she is taking Frusomide & Spironolactone (both liquid form as she is an Infant)

I am struggling to find the costings so anyone who is currently aware of the costs would be helping me out a great deal!

Also she will need a yearly echo with a cardiologist just to check on how the hole is closing - any idea of that cost would also be gratefully received!

Thanks in advance x

Hi,

you can look up prices for Meds here.
http://www.pbs.gov.au/browse/medicine-listing

I looked up mine in the A to Z of medicines section

Hope this helps

Katy

Hi again

I ave just checked on the web site I suggested to make sure I was telling you the right thing!

Spironolactone in liquid not listed unfortunately, maybe aus has an alternative

frusemide liquid is listed, says max price £22.19 for 30ml

Interesting site to look at. I was surprised that prices vary. Am so used to £7.50or whatever for everything.

Archived