E676 tourist visa

Movetoaus

OK so I want to go to Aus until after Christmas and the NY, a little over 6 months. I'm British passport holder currently in NZ with a ticket to Aus in a couple of weeks. I thought I'd apply for the E676 tourist visa, but I just got off the phone from some Aus immigration service in Auckland, the number given by Aus Embassy in Welly, and she claims even with a E676 I still have to leave every 3 months. That can't be right? Whats the point of applying for a visa that costs nearly $200, when I can get a evisitor for free for 3 months, so it does the same thing. She gave me an email address for aus immigration, but of course it doesn't work!

I'm trying to find out if with only 2 weeks to go, can I still apply online for this E676 tourist visa, and if asking for 12 months, (the form only allows either 3, 6 or 12 month increments) would that likely be a problem. IE are they likely to ask for documents of supporting funds, health check, police report. All things that the form says they possibly could ask for.

thanks again

Guest GeorgeD

You don't need to leave every 3 months on the e676 (assuming you are applying for 6 or 12 months obviously!)

I don't know how long it takes to come through, but there have been members on here who have applied and been granted this visa for at least 6 month. No medical was required for them.

Remember you can enter on an eVisitor and apply onshore for the e676 to extend your stay (without having to leave.)

You don't need to leave every 3 months on the e676 (assuming you are applying for 6 or 12 months obviously!)

I don't know how long it takes to come through, but there have been members on here who have applied and been granted this visa for at least 6 month. No medical was required for them.

Remember you can enter on an eVisitor and apply onshore for the e676 to extend your stay (without having to leave.)

I duno why this woman who works for Aus immigration was giving me such information! sheesh. Kinda like when I was leaving Aus to go to NZ and the jet star checker in person kept trying to tell me I couldn't take the flight because the onward ticket I had from NZ back to Aus would mean Id arrive when my EVisitor visa had expired. I tried to explain to her that my Evisitor visa was good for 12 months with a 3 month entry for each stay within 12 months, but she kept telling me she KNEW it wasn't valid. After talking to her supervisor who also believed my visa was only good for one 3 month entry, I finally got them to call immigration who confirmed that my eVisitor visa was valid for 12 months so would still be good when I returned. You should have seen them both trying to back pedal and blame it on Jet Star then on Aus Immigration. No way could it just be they were too dumb to find out the rules themselves! This is the second time that has happened too. Last time no one would believe me and they lied when they said they had called immigration and they made me buy another ticket!

Anyway yes after talking with gf I'm doing as you say and will return on my Evisitor then apply to extend on a E676

thanks yet again!

Archived