Is my 175 Visa nearly there???

bigbadcon

Hi folks,

Firstly Id like to say what a great forum this is and thanks for all of the info that is provided on it.

I'm wondering if anyone could help to answer a couple of questions I have regarding my 175 skilled migrant visa.

We were allocated a case officer in April this year and I have recently gotten my families medicals finalised on the 17th May this year. I was expecting the visa to be granted by now as this is the last part of the process isn't it? (police clearance are done also)

If there is a delay in my visa getting from this point to "granted" will this time be reflected in the amount of time I have to activate the visa?

We would like to know when we are expected to be in australia as this will affect my job options between now and then. ( i could take a short term contract on higher money but it would probably only last 6 months or so)

Our medicals were dated in March this year so Im assuming that the activation date is a year from that date.... but what if they dont change the status to granted for another few months, will they still expect you to have activated not long after they grant it?

Thanks for your help in advance.

bigbadcon

Guest Andy
Hi folks,

Firstly Id like to say what a great forum this is and thanks for all of the info that is provided on it.

I'm wondering if anyone could help to answer a couple of questions I have regarding my 175 skilled migrant visa.

We were allocated a case officer in April this year and I have recently gotten my families medicals finalised on the 17th May this year. I was expecting the visa to be granted by now as this is the last part of the process isn't it? (police clearance are done also)

If there is a delay in my visa getting from this point to "granted" will this time be reflected in the amount of time I have to activate the visa?

We would like to know when we are expected to be in australia as this will affect my job options between now and then. ( i could take a short term contract on higher money but it would probably only last 6 months or so)

Our medicals were dated in March this year so Im assuming that the activation date is a year from that date.... but what if they dont change the status to granted for another few months, will they still expect you to have activated not long after they grant it?

Thanks for your help in advance.

bigbadcon

Hi there,

Yes you have to activate a year from the date of your medical, i dont think your timing's are anything unusual and you just have to be patient after all it seems to be moving pretty quickly as you were only allocated a c/o in April, you will get the visa's soon.

Guest jaffas1

It might be worth emailing your case officer to give them a bit of a friendly push. We got our case officer in March and had our 175 visa pre- grant less than 2 weeks after submitting additional info . Our agent emailed the case officer and we had a grant in days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might be worth emailing your case officer to give them a bit of a friendly push. We got our case officer in March and had our 175 visa pre- grant less than 2 weeks after submitting additional info . Our agent emailed the case officer and we had a grant in days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I decided to take your advice jaffas and email my case officer to give a friendly push. I asked some question about the fact that the documents were still in "requested" status even though the medicals were finalised. I really just wanted him to take a look at our visa and realise it was ready to be granted :biggrin:

And................ Drumroll................. It worked!

Woke up this morning to a granted 175 Visa. Yipee!!!!!!!

Guest jaffas1
So I decided to take your advice jaffas and email my case officer to give a friendly push. I asked some question about the fact that the documents were still in "requested" status even though the medicals were finalised. I really just wanted him to take a look at our visa and realise it was ready to be granted :biggrin:

And................ Drumroll................. It worked!

Woke up this morning to a granted 175 Visa. Yipee!!!!!!!

Congratulations!:biggrin:

Good luck with your move and keep us all updated on PIO.

Archived