Teacher Registration: References

Scuba Dan

Hi All,

I'm hoping that somebody may have some experience registering as a teacher that can help? My OH is wanting to register as a teacher in QLD and her head of department here in the UK has agreed to write her a reference but only if she can tell her exactly what sort of things to put in it. Trawling through the QLD teachers registration site has been fruitless as it just says: "full, professional references" must be given from previous schools. Has anybody any advice on what to have put in the reference?

Thanks a million

Dan

Thanks a million milliemolly123, that's exactly the info I was after. I will pass this onto my OH. Do you have any idea what the market is like for relief teaching around Briabane and the Gold Coast?

Cheers

Dan

Mmm not sure, hopefully someone else can help with you with advice on that.

I know the schools interview for pool teachers at certain times of the year that they can call upon if needed. I understand STEM subjects are slightly more called for. However, I have also heard a few people say that many Aus schools are now more interested in UK teachers than before due to the changeover to baccalaureate system.

Millie x

Archived