Caroline Springs

Hoo2Victoria

Hello All,

Anyone from or know anything about Caroline Springs? My OH has been offered a job in either Altona or Keilor Park.

I've already checked out rentals (however we do need a furnished property for the first 6-8 weeks whilst we await for our container to arrive).

Also, Schooling is a big issue. I have a 13 year old Daughter and a 9 year old Daughter.

Any advise/help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Claire

Caroline Springs is a large new area and I must admit have only seen it when flashing by in a car. I myself would prefer to live in an older more established area as I believe that the services would be better and more things available. To live in most of the new Estates you need two cars, only my view because our transport is not 10 minutes apart like UK.

Caroline Springs is a large new area and I must admit have only seen it when flashing by in a car. I myself would prefer to live in an older more established area as I believe that the services would be better and more things available. To live in most of the new Estates you need two cars, only my view because our transport is not 10 minutes apart like UK.

Thanks Petals

Looking on google maps it appears that public transport is the only thing that lets it down.

I'm so stressed out at the moment as I need to find a suburb that will suit both the girls schooling :(

I live close to Caroline Springs and I think it's a wonderfull area. They've really put the effort in to make it clean and nice, with great shops, restaurants, schools, doctors etc. Not tried public transport, but generally you'll need cars anyway. I really don't like the inner city areas, so cramped, busy, poorly laid out and dirty, but they do have better public transport, particularly trains. I almost never go inside the ringroad, no need to, gives me the shivers LOL.

There are some websites where you can find the schools results. My daughter goes to primary school there and loves it, but schools do vary as anywhere.

Guest Stevieboy22

Personally I would look at Altona rather than Caroline Springs. It is a long established suburb with very good schools and decent public transport. It is a more expensive suburb to live in but I think the advantages would make up for the extra cost. Also Altona offers more when it comes to clubs and out of school activities as well as having a reasonable beach.

Good luck in your search and I hope you enjoy the move.

Steve

Archived