Losing the will...!

iwastakenbytheshadows

Have been looking over the immigration website for a few weeks now and through all other websites and still none the wiser!! Want to move to Perth permanently. My husband is a motorcycle mechanic by trade however he hasn't been working as a mechanic since July last year. Does anyone know if that's still recognised? Also when we apply for visas is it one charge for him as the skilled occupation and I'm just added free or what charges do I pay? Soo very confused on what visas we could even apply for as we can't do anything until end of July and that's when the new rules come into force!

Help please...!!

thanks Steph!

When the new rules kick in called Skill Select on July 1st everyone will be able to apply for the Expression of Interest to migrate, the EOI, then the states, employers or government will pick you out of a pool and invite you to apply for residence.

Currently for you the visa would be called the 175 or the 176 but on 1st July is will be the 189 or 190, if your looking for state sponsorship you will put a preference in for the 190 visa.

If you type in Google for example - SA SMP then it will bring up the South Australia State Migration Plan and you can see on the list whether a motorcycle mechanic would be on their list, I would have thought it would be an in demand skill, if he hasnt worked for 12 months but you did the points test on diac and he still scores 65 or over (including state sponsorship) then you both have a fair chance, if your partner skills give 5 extra points then great.

So its skills assessment, Ielts english (get 8s for 20 points), state sponsorship then formally apply

1st July after it will be the same except EOI sits between ielts and state sponsorship.

Youll pay the main fee plus additional applicant fee, as a rule it costs about £5k which is everything including flights.

Archived