INCOME TAX

Guest YEOMAN

Guest YEOMAN

HI THERE

I RECENTLLY READ IN A BOOK ABOUT AUSTRALIA THAT AUSTRALIA IS A NATION OF TAX DOGERS. IS THIS TRUE ? AND IF SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW.

REGARDS

YEOMAN

Guest stuckinblighty
HI THERE

I RECENTLLY READ IN A BOOK ABOUT AUSTRALIA THAT AUSTRALIA IS A NATION OF TAX DOGERS. IS THIS TRUE ? AND IF SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW.

REGARDS

YEOMAN

lol how to win aussie friends !!!!!

regards,Lee

Guest ABCDiamond

And how many get caught ?

From ATO site:

We received over 45,000 reports about suspected tax evasion in the 12 months to 30 June 2005. Reports with enough information for us to start follow-up action or investigation, led to over $48 million in tax and penalties being raised.

People who made a report about tax evasion were often current or former employees, friends or acquaintances, a current or former spouse or partner, customers of the business being reported and third parties who overheard something.

With the increase in ATO staff since GST was introduced, the chances of getting caught have multiplied.

There are loads of honest people here too, and they have learnt that Tax Dodgers are actually conning the honest tax payer, who have to pay more tax to cover the shortfall from the crooks ;)

Guest Jimmeh

I've only really heard of companies dodging tax by using foreign banks etc, only because they have been fairly lacking in tax investigations... but now theres a very good chance you will go down for tax evasion if you try and dodge.

Regards,

Jim

Archived