Meds!

Adam44

Had my medical today. Thought I would sail through only to be disappointed! Gave two consecutive high blood pressure readings so the doc sent me into a quiet room to rest as the view was taken that it was due to anxiety. Gave a normal reading after that (still on the high side though!) and doc said he would prefer to have another normal reading (ideally slightly lower) just to be sure. Had another lie down for 15 mins only to give another high reading!!!! I was very concerned that he was going to refer me but he said that on this occasion he was prepared to "let it go" and use the lower reading. I guess it was because he sympathised with my concern that the high readings were due wholly to anxiety. Even though he said he would let it go on this occasion I am still concerned that he will put a caveat on my submission. Stressful isn't the word!!

I'm 28, normal weight, exercise once a week (could be better I know!).

Has anyone had a similar experience to this?

Guest AKA63029
Had my medical today. Thought I would sail through only to be disappointed! Gave two consecutive high blood pressure readings so the doc sent me into a quiet room to rest as the view was taken that it was due to anxiety. Gave a normal reading after that (still on the high side though!) and doc said he would prefer to have another normal reading (ideally slightly lower) just to be sure. Had another lie down for 15 mins only to give another high reading!!!! I was very concerned that he was going to refer me but he said that on this occasion he was prepared to "let it go" and use the lower reading. I guess it was because he sympathised with my concern that the high readings were due wholly to anxiety. Even though he said he would let it go on this occasion I am still concerned that he will put a caveat on my submission. Stressful isn't the word!!

I'm 28, normal weight, exercise once a week (could be better I know!).

Has anyone had a similar experience to this?

I would imagine matey if he has said he will 'let it go' this is exactly what he will do.

Many peeps on here have had high blood pressure readings when it comes to the meds, sometimes off the scale,:laugh:

Not surprising really, the anxiety levels go through the roof at such times.

I would imagine there's little to worry about matey, if the readings were 'normalish' after rest and if you have never had problems before then it is an 'On The Day' issue matey.

Cheers Tony.