Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About FletcherFletcher

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. FletcherFletcher

    Partner Visa Onshore - Not in Aus yet

    Thank you all so much for your input. We are 90% sure we will now lodge offshore and also through an agent here in London as to get everything spot on and by the book. One more thing, where I am reading here: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/partner-offshore/provisional-309#HowTo it states that 'if you are married provide your marriage certificate. If you are de facto, provide proof of your de facto relationship.' Does this mean we will not have to supply the following points listed on the website as follows because we are married not de facto?... Your relationship with your partner If you are married, provide your marriage certificate or other evidence that your marriage is valid in Australia. If you are a de facto partner, provide proof of your de facto relationship. This proof should show that: you have a mutual commitment with your spouse of de facto partner to the exclusion of all others your relationship is genuine and continuing you either live together or don't live permanently apart you are not related by family Tell us in writing about: how, when and where you first met how the relationship developed when you moved in together, got engaged or married what you do together time you spent apart significant events in the relationship your plans for the future Finances Show us how you and your partner share financial matters. You could give us: joint mortgage or lease documents joint loan documents for major assets like homes, cars or major appliances joint bank account statements household bills in both names Your household Show us how you and your partner share domestic matters. You could give us: a statement about how you share housework household bills in both names mail or emails addressed to you both documents that show joint responsibility for children documents that prove your living arrangements Social matters Show us that others know about your relationship. You could give us: joint invitations or evidence you go out together proof you have friends in common proof you have told government, public or commercial bodies about your relationship proof you do joint sporting, cultural or social activities together proof you travel together statutory declarations from your partner's parents, family members, relatives and friends about how they see your relationship. Commitment Show us how you are committed to a long-term relationship with each other. You could give us: proof you have knowledge of each other’s background, family situation or other personal details. You could tell us this at an interview proof you have combined your personal matters the terms of your wills proof you stay in touch when apart
  2. FletcherFletcher

    Partner Visa Onshore - Not in Aus yet

    Thanks gain for replies. My fualt in my initial wording but it is my wife who is the australian citizen and ofcourse she is pregnant. Im concerned she is now going to have to return to australia to have our baby and i will be in UK waiting for my approval. If this is the case is thee any way in which i can visit whilst waiting for my offshore to be processed?
  3. FletcherFletcher

    Partner Visa Onshore - Not in Aus yet

    Thanks very much for your reply. When you say apply now then visit on a tourist visa are you referring to a 3 month tourist visa? Or are there other, longer options here? I understand the idea of waiting for offshore to be processed but is that not a considerable wait longer than a few months to return to Australia? and would mean having a baby in UK without family support.
  4. FletcherFletcher

    Partner Visa Onshore - Not in Aus yet

    I have been googling and searching but it’s a little difficult to be specific enough in my search. Im English, have been with my Australian partner for 4 years. First 3 years in Australia and last year in UK. Since living in UK we have been engaged, married and have found out we have a baby on the way. Big year! We are now planning to move back to Australia in October on a partner visa with onshore application. The issue we are facing is how to go about entering Australia the ‘correct’ way. Will entering on a tourist visa raise questions around my intent to stay and if so I’m happy to be honest as we have nothing to hide but will my intent to stay cause us problems? I’m looking to do everything by the book and from what I can see it’s perfectly legal to enter on tourist visa, my concern is being questioned regarding my intent to stay. Are there Any other avenues we should be pursuing? Thanks for any help in advanced.