Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Michael Johnson

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About Michael Johnson

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hi there, Desperate to seek some urgent advice, my inlaws are here in Brisbane & have been for 7 x weeks now, retirees from the UK in early 70's, they applied for Visa 804 aged parent visa whilst here in Oz and they have been granted the bridging visa, they sold their house in UK in November & looking to buy a property ( existing residence not a new build) fully understand the process with the FIRB and looks like there will be a fee of approx. $6k to be paid for FIRB Process however they are panicking now as they have put in an offer on a existing residence up at Bribie Island, QLD for $525k which looks like being accepted, they plan to reside in the residence themselves, BIG QUESTION PLEASE....... Will they be classed as foreign purchaser with regards to stamp duty which attracts 7% additional duty surcharge I believe? ( AFAD - Additional foreign Acquirer duty) if so based on the value of the property that could be near the $50k region just in stamp duty!!! PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN HELP US WITH ANY INFO ON THIS THAT WOULD BE SO APPRECIATED, MAYBE A FEW OF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED THE SAME SCENARIO AND CAN LET ME KNOW, IS THERE ANYWAY AROUND THIS IF THAT IS THE CASE? WOULD IT BE BETTER FOR HOUSE TO BE BROUGHT IN THE TWO DAUGHTERS NAMES WHOM ARE BOTH AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS? Please comment if you can guide us, in laws having sleepless nights worrying about this! Thanks in advance so much. Kind regards Michael
  2. Michael Johnson

    Buying a property on 804 Bridging Visa

    Great thanks Ken, really appreciated
  3. Michael Johnson

    Buying a property on 804 Bridging Visa

    Good evening So today my in laws have received their bridging visa for class aged parent 804, we understand the expectation of them never obtaining the 804 Visa in their life time. They sold their house in the UK back in October and have the funds still in UK, are they allowed to buy a house here in OZ? They are in Australia and have been for 5 x weeks now and want to look at buying a house to live in and also buying an investment property to rent out, is that allowed? Can they buy a property here and what is the process please & is it difficult? Would they pay any tax when transferring the funds here in Oz to buy the properties? Many thanks in advance Kind regards Michael
  4. Michael Johnson

    804 Visa

    Thanks so much Maria, was worried for a bit there, have a great day
  5. Michael Johnson

    804 Visa

    Hi there, My parents have arrived in Oz and planning to apply for the 804 Aged parent visa as they meet with the requirements, a couple of questions, if/when the bridging visa is granted are they entitled to medicare reciprocal health cover ( They are UK Passport holders) also can they buy a house on the 804 Bridging visa does anyone know? Many thanks in advance Michael