Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Scottjlawson

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hi, wondering if anyone here could help me. Tried ringing the High Commission but couldn't get through. I'm Australian, but my girlfriend is British. We were looking at going to Australia for about 6 months and getting a working holiday visa for her. She is currently self employed, running a jewellery shop on Etsy where she needs to post out jewellery. It's almost like a digital nomad job but she has to do some physical work and send out orders. Is it OK to do this on a WHV? there's very little information for self employed people with these visas. If it's less than 6 months I believe we won't be taxed in Australia which would simplify things. Her business will run from a UK Ltd company. As she is allowed to work in Australia she was also considering doing some markets. In which case that money is probably taxable on Australia. Also, as I'm Australian, and she's not, do immigration look at that with suspicion? I.e trying to sneak in long term. Our plan isn't to stay, in fact we're in the process of moving to Canada (visa for that takes a year, so we figured we'd do this in between)