Hello

Guest Nick2AUS

Guest Nick2AUS

Been wanting to emigrate now for months now and im now starting to move forward to preparing the big move..

BUT

where do i start?

Is there anyone who can recomend an agent?

Do i need an agent and to what extra cost are they?

Thanks

Nick

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Nick

Welcome to PIO. There are plenty of people on here who can help and answer questions but yes an agent is definately your first point of call. I highly recommend Alan Collett at Go Matilda, George Lombard or Cornel at ASA Australia Immigration and Australia Visa Consultants - ASA . The fees can vary depending on your situation but these agents above are all reputable and will not rip you off.

HELLLLOOOOO AND WELCOME TO PIO.

I REMEBER BACK THEN WHEN WE WERE STARTING OUT. WE DIDNT USE AN AGENT SO CANT RECOMMEND ANY.

YOUR IN THE RIGHT PLACE AS THIS SITE HELPED ME LOADS AND I HAVE FOUND LOADS OF FRIENDS I COULDNT THANK THIS SITE ENOUGH.

GOOD LUCK

:cute:

Guest flanagans

Hello Everyone, we've been in Brisbane a month now and havn't yet settled as we're waiting to find a nice rental house. Hopefully along gold coast, where else! We were thinking maybe Coomera? Any thoughts on this guys? Or maybe ye can suggest some nice areas. We have our little 14 month old boy too. He loves kids so would love a nice estate with kiddies for him to play with. We're living in Beenleigh at the moment, not really our choice but house is rent free so I darn't complain and am gratefull to dh boss. House in the middle of a field off a country but very busy road. House isn't out of this world and i've had pest control out to me as few unwanted guests in the house! Hasn't been anyone living here in a year. So can't wait to get our own liitle pad. Sorry for ranting on but havn't exactly had much of adult conversation since got here.

Hi and welcome to PIO.

We are using Go matilda, and have been very good so far. Not everyone uses an agent.

Good luck

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Nick

Welcome to PIO. There are plenty of people on here who can help and answer questions but yes an agent is definately your first point of call. I highly recommend Alan Collett at Go Matilda, George Lombard or Cornel at ASA Australia Immigration and Australia Visa Consultants - ASA . The fees can vary depending on your situation but these agents above are all reputable and will not rip you off.

Errrrmmmm......

Cornel Blignaut is not a Registered Migration Agent. I believe (but am not sure) that he may be based in Australia. If he is, it would be impossible to ask him for advice about visa options because it would be illegal for him to attempt to provide it. The Migration Agents Act is very strict indeed about this and so is the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA.)

Somebody called Christa Blignaut is an RMA and she works for ASA:

Migration Agents Registration Authority=

The first two digits of an Agents MARN denote the year in which they were first registered with MARA.

Hmmmm! 2002. This lady could be Cornel's wife, his daughter, his sister - anything. If she had registered in, say, 1993 I'd have guessed wife rather than daughter, but 2002 is too close to call!

However, Mrs/Miss/Ms Blignaut would be the person to speak with at ASA, I suggest.

Best wishes

Gill

• 2 years later...

Yes Gill, Cornel Blignaut is NOT a Registered Migration Agent.

A company or business cannot be registered, only individuals. ASA can not register.

Mrs/Miss/Ms Blignaut does not work for ASA the website is out dated, mmmmmmm makes you think...

Ricardo

• 2 years later...
Guest The Pom Queen

This thread is from 2008 nearly five years old. A lot has changed since then and ASA have declared themselves bankrupt.

I will now close this thread.

Archived