Scouts in S.A

Guest KP Nuts

Guest KP Nuts

Hi, can anyone tell me please do they have scouts in S.A. and like here to they take girls,

both my twins (boy and girl) at the moment go to cubs.

Thanks

KP Nuts

Guest tinbasher

I need to sit down, LC that was very helpful, I couldn't have put it better myself.

Mrs TinB

Guest KP Nuts

Thanks V'ery much LC, is helpfull gonna look further into their site when have bit more time, trying to get TRA letters done properly.

But if you dont mind have a couple of questions for you an Tinbasher,

Do you have sat nav over there, as would like to know how us newbies find our way around if an when we get there,

Bugger can't remember the other 1 now, if i remember i'll ask later (note to self must write notes). :unsure:

Mr KP Nut

Yes, we do have sat nav. in SA!

Most people use the UBD ? Gregorys...or what we call 'a map'! Seriously though, it's pretty easy getting round using a map, and the map/book contains HEAPS of interesting info. such as lists of schools/hospitals/clubs/suburb lists...and other stuff I can't remember, and as I can't be bothered to go to the car (it's no accident my name is Lazy Cow!) you'll have to guess!

Will you qualify (or whatever) for OAA and/or the Meet and Greet service? It's very useful, not only because there's a genuinely welcoming face waiting for you at the airport, or because you get a free taxi ride to wherever you're staying, but because you get a free UBD! Then, you're on your own! Or if you're really desperate..you ask one of us for some help!

Oh and the answer to your other question is ; 'yes, but not so tiny you can't still see it'.

Hope that helps.:wubclub:

LC

Guest tinbasher

Yep you can get SAT Nav over here, but we just use a UBD,which is a map in a book. Adelaide is very easy to get around once you know the main roads.

LC don't have a clue what you are on, but I really don't want any.

Mrs TinB

Guest KP Nuts
Will you qualify (or whatever) for OAA and/or the Meet and Greet service? It's very useful, not only because there's a genuinely welcoming face waiting for you at the airport, or because you get a free taxi ride to wherever you're staying, but because you get a free UBD! Then, you're on your own! Or if you're really desperate..you ask one of us for some help!

Oh and the answer to your other question is ; 'yes, but not so tiny you can't still see it'.

Hi LC could you tell us what an OAA/ meet and greet is an how we may qualify please.!!

Oh an Mr KP wants to know "whats so small that you can only just see it".

OAA is On Arrival Accomodation. I'm not sure who qualifies. We did, on a permanent skilled visa. http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/site/services_onarrival.php gives details*. The accomodation offered -if you are lucky enough to get it as it is horribly over-subscribed- is clean but very basic. The rent is brilliant - we paid $144pw, which was all-inclusive for a three-bedroomed house with parking and a large garden.

Meet and Greet is just that - a friendly volunteer meets you from the plane and takes you to wherever you are staying. They give you helpful advice re. shops etc, and I think unless you scare them off (and we didn't and we had a ten year old 'Bart' with us!) they take you shopping etc so you can get settled in. As a final gesture they leave you with a UBD (retails at around $20, if you shop around!).

Mr KP the answer to your question is..............sorry gotta go!:embarrassed:

LC

* I think I'm getting the hang of this 'being helpful' thing. It makes me feel ill.:sad:

• 5 months later...

Archived