Movecube - our experience

Stacy053

Hello everyone,

This is my first post despite being a avid reader since my unexpected (and successful) interview for a job in Sydney. It has been a whirlwind 8 weeks and I think (hope) we have everything organised as we fly on Saturday.

Some of the posts I have found of particular interest were those regarding the movecube by seven seas. Indeed we have now used the LARGE movecube today to ship our belongings.

I have been very impressed by seven seas and the whole process. After I first contacted them for a quote, you then reply with a list and dimensions of your intended shipment to which they work out the size of cube you need. Booking was done about 2 weeks in advance (I had a slight panic that it was TOO late, but I needn't of worried)

I opted to buy boxes and packing material from the. This was delivered approx 2 days later by courier at a specific time (1hr times slot given). I found the bubble wrap especially good value for money. Custom forms were also given at this time.

Then today was move cube time. The driver arrived earlier than the 8-9am timeslot. Quickly unloaded the trailer and left us to it. It took the whole time (4.5hours) to load so I'd advise having everything packed and ready to go. We managed to fit everything we wanted in - phew.

As a guide we fitted:

kingsize divan bed/matress and padded head board.

large tv unit

2 bedside drawer unit

1 tall drawers unit

4 kitchen chair

1 large coffee table

1 side table

2 adult bbikes

1 tall thin bookcase

~8 boxes

1 racket bag

cant believe even writing it now it all fitted in (I thank my dad for that)

we filled drawers etc in unit

we have been quoted 80 days from glasgow to Sydney. Only time will tell now how that goes.

hopefully those has been helpful for those with a movecube booked or considering using one.

if anyone has questions I'm happy to answer if I can.

stacy

Great Post Stacy

We too used a large move cube and i can recommend. The amount you can get in with good planning is amazing. In fact when ours arrived, the removal men were that impressed when taking door off, that they took photos of it!!

Once it arrives in Oz, you will be contacted to pay the custom fees, which i think were about £150. The cube wasnt opened, only scanned. Nothing got damaged in transit. When the cube arrives at your Oz address, the removal men will unload for you there and then, they dont leave it for the four hours and then come back.

The only thing i didnt realise though was that all SevenSeas shipping goes to Melbourne first. So although it did arrive in Oz in the stated time, it was another couple of weeks before getting to Perth.

We used Letton Percival for insurance.

If you are not wanting to ship all you house contents The Move Cube is a great and not too expensive way of getting your goods here.

• 2 months later...

Just another small update.

Our cube arrived last week and nothing was broken well except the cube itself! A few things had obviously moved around in transit, so a few pieces of furniture got scratched but that was down to our packing or lack of protecting!

As above, our cube was scanned and not opened by customs. And whilst it arrived in good time first to Melbourne and then Sydney. It sat in Sydney for over 2 weeks after we paid custom invoice (standard charges as above). This was slightly frustrating, as was the fact we only got 18 hours notice as to when they'd deliver. Not a problem as my work is flexible and OH is still looking for work but worth baring in mind.

And I guess we were unlucky because unlike a lot of other post on here, we received no help unloading the cube. Which to be fair is not the service you pay for. However our driver did not even have a trolley to aid us, which you are told you would get.

Despite the sore biceps I am really happy with the service of Sevenseas and the Movecube. And delighted to sleep in a bed again

Stacy