Public Hopsitals in Tasmania

Guest Jasp

Hi

Appreciating that everyone will have differeing opinions about the question I'm about to ask but.....nevertheless I would like to hear them. My wife is looking for employment in a public hospital - are there any to definately avoid and equally are there any that are excellent in terms of how they care for their patients AND staff. I worked in SA, and at my appraisal, my line manager said that if she had run into me in the street, and I'd have told her where I intended to work, she would have most definately told me not to work there as it was an awful place. needless to say I didn't stay there long and.......the only thing wrong with it......................:laugh:was her!! My ward Manager was lovely. So taking subjectivity into account, I would still be interested in your views especially if you're a nurse.

Cheers

Jasp

Jasp

Guest siamsusie
Hi

Appreciating that everyone will have differeing opinions about the question I'm about to ask but.....nevertheless I would like to hear them. My wife is looking for employment in a public hospital - are there any to definately avoid and equally are there any that are excellent in terms of how they care for their patients AND staff. I worked in SA, and at my appraisal, my line manager said that if she had run into me in the street, and I'd have told her where I intended to work, she would have most definately told me not to work there as it was an awful place. needless to say I didn't stay there long and.......the only thing wrong with it......................:laugh:was her!! My ward Manager was lovely. So taking subjectivity into account, I would still be interested in your views especially if you're a nurse.

Cheers

Jasp

Jasp

Hi once again Jasp....

I FIFO from Tasmania so I cant comment on Tasmania's hospitals... Hopefully there might be one of two members over in Hobart that might be able to give their views.

There is nothing like "suck it and see" you are in a position to move around until you find your niche.

Susie :wubclub:

Archived