Mistake on EOI - do I need to start again?

sns

Hi,

I submitted my expression of interest on 18th Dec, got invited on 21st Dec (Accountant with 75 points).

I prepared the visa application but before submitting it I realised that on the EOI I had chosen IPA instead of CPA as the assessing body. All the other information is correct.

I can see 3 options now:

1. Continue with the application and hope it's not a big deal.

2. Do another EOI and hope to get selected on 18th Jan

3. Wait to withdraw the original EOI and start again (not keen on this option due to lost time and risk of missing the accountancy places)

Can I do number 2? Can I have 2 EOIs in the system at the same time?

Any input gratefully received.

Thanks

There's no reason you have to lodge an application against an invitation. If you are concerned that the error is significant the most conservative thing to do would be lodge a new EOI and hope to be issued another invitation. You can have as many EOI's in the system at the same time as you like.

Thank you for your reply. Although it's a small mistake I think I will go on the side of caution and submit a new one in time for next week's selection.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
There's no reason you have to lodge an application against an invitation. If you are concerned that the error is significant the most conservative thing to do would be lodge a new EOI and hope to be issued another invitation. You can have as many EOI's in the system at the same time as you like.

Thank you Leanne, I submitted a new one last week and was invited on 18th. I have now submitted the full visa application.