Young Family Moving to Brisbane Looking for Mates

Hi guys,

I'm Aaron, 29 and my girlfriend is Rox, 27. We are moving over to Brisbane from Perth in 2 months and are looking to makes some friends as soon as we arrive. We have been in Perth for almost a year and have decided its not the right spot for us so we are heading to Brisbane. It looks like the perfect place to raise our little family.

We have an 18 month old daughter (Harper) and another due mid October (fetus).

Would be amazing to meet up with some like minded people who enjoy barbeques, football, having drinks, football and generally having a good laugh!

Massive Spurs fan!

Anyway would be great to hear from some people.

Thanks.

Aaron and Rox

Hi guys,

I'm Aaron, 29 and my girlfriend is Rox, 27. We are moving over to Brisbane from Perth in 2 months and are looking to makes some friends as soon as we arrive. We have been in Perth for almost a year and have decided its not the right spot for us so we are heading to Brisbane. It looks like the perfect place to raise our little family.

We have an 18 month old daughter (Harper) and another due mid October (fetus).

Would be amazing to meet up with some like minded people who enjoy barbeques, football, having drinks, football and generally having a good laugh!

Massive Spurs fan!

Anyway would be great to hear from some people.

Thanks.

Aaron and Rox

Mate! You are limiting your options being a spurs fan :wink:

Good luck with the move and enjoy Brisbane

Haha yeah I realized that after I sent it. All good though if we don't get 3 points on Saturday Ill delete that part.

Gee a spurs fan that can count to 3:wink:. We have a family member in the UK that is also a big and life long Spurs fan and also Swindon town (which does explain things a little) so a continuous flow of barracking goes on. Myself then Rugby league is my game with Leeds Rhino's in the UK and the Bronco's here in Oz as my teams. the Brisbane roar come in as a little whimper!

I am sure you will soon make friends on the north side, again good luck with everything.

Keith

Ha ha yep, so far this season I've had little reason to go as far as the number 3 so its nice to get the opportunity. Fingers crossed that changes soon. Cant go wrong with a bit of football banter! I would have a go at Swindon Town but ive never heard of them.

Cheers Keith. All the best mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Aaron and Rox

Welcome for October!

OH & I arrange 3 monthly get-togethers for people at a park in North Lakes (about 40 mins drive from Ferny Hills/Arana Hills) and the next will be Sat 10 October. Don't worry if you haven't arrived then, because we also do them in Nov & Dec (cos Christmas/New Year can be difficult in the first few years).

Let us know when you're here and will be pleased to have a cuppa & share info, if you want.

Pat