Amsa cor questions for ship's officer oral exams

Aftab Ahmed Khan

Dear CaptR and CaptAmit,

I am appearing for my CoR orals - Watchkeeper on 15th November 2016 from Melbourne.

I have my Medical on 10th November 2016.

Can you please guide me on the following :

1. Do I have to visit AMSA center directly on the day of the examination? Or do I have to visit at an earlier date for document verification?

2. What is the dress code that candidates usually follow?

3. Can you help me by providing a set of questions they ask to a candidate sitting for Watchkeeper Certificate?

4. I have a total seatime of 28 months (14 months as cadet + 14 months as Third Mate) ranging from 30th Dec 2012 to 31st August 2016. I have an experience letter from my employers. Will they consider the entire duration as my work experience?

5. I have a graduate degree in B.S. Nautical Technology from BITS Pilani, India. Will AMSA be able to assess it for me? Or do I have to apply to Vetassess? (In order to get those extra 5 points)

6. Ques for CaptAmit.. Sir, where do you plan to sit for your exams?

Thanks in advance.

Looking fwd to your able guidance

Jasjeet

• 2 months later...
Guest praschants

Dear Jasjeet

I am appearing for my orals in Melbourne on 20 Dec 2016 and my medicals is on 14 Dec 2016. got hold of this useful forum just today.

Jasjeet, please help me with orals questions as you have just given your orals in melbourne and i an seriously running out of time.

Please pm me as I was looking around how to pm but could not find any button.

Thanks and regards

Praschants

Dear CaptR and CaptAmit,

I am appearing for my CoR orals - Watchkeeper on 15th November 2016 from Melbourne.

I have my Medical on 10th November 2016.

Can you please guide me on the following :

1. Do I have to visit AMSA center directly on the day of the examination? Or do I have to visit at an earlier date for document verification?

2. What is the dress code that candidates usually follow?

3. Can you help me by providing a set of questions they ask to a candidate sitting for Watchkeeper Certificate?

4. I have a total seatime of 28 months (14 months as cadet + 14 months as Third Mate) ranging from 30th Dec 2012 to 31st August 2016. I have an experience letter from my employers. Will they consider the entire duration as my work experience?

5. I have a graduate degree in B.S. Nautical Technology from BITS Pilani, India. Will AMSA be able to assess it for me? Or do I have to apply to Vetassess? (In order to get those extra 5 points)

6. Ques for CaptAmit.. Sir, where do you plan to sit for your exams?

Thanks in advance.

Looking fwd to your able guidance

Jasjeet

Check your inbox..

Also please go through

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/jobs-careers/238200-ships-master-ships-officer-marine-pilot-essential-info.html

Dear Jasjeet

I am appearing for my orals in Melbourne on 20 Dec 2016 and my medicals is on 14 Dec 2016. got hold of this useful forum just today.

Jasjeet, please help me with orals questions as you have just given your orals in melbourne and i an seriously running out of time.

Please pm me as I was looking around how to pm but could not find any button.

Thanks and regards

Praschants

• 4 weeks later...

Dear All,

I am scheduled to appear for my chief engineers COR exam at Sydney next month Jan'2017. I have gone through the threads and lot of info available for Masters COR. Could anyone advise on the kind of questions one can expect for CE's COR. Any info on this will be very helpful.

thanks and best regards,

santhosh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/29/2016 at 7:41 PM, Chief Eng said:

Dear All,

I am scheduled to appear for my chief engineers COR exam at Sydney next month Jan'2017. I have gone through the threads and lot of info available for Masters COR. Could anyone advise on the kind of questions one can expect for CE's COR. Any info on this will be very helpful.

thanks and best regards,

santhosh

Hey CE Santosh you are which stage of process

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am advised to book an appointment for undertaking Oral and medical examinations in Australia.

Does the applicant needs to complete Form AMSA419 and send his documents to AMSA again ?  Please advise me what I should do after receiving initial letter for skills assessment from AMSA

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I am taking my COR orals exam for chief mates in Melbourne in 2 weeks time. Could anyone please share

any study material or past orals notes (Last 2 years) by candidates who might have taken orals at the AMSA melbourne office

with the various surveyors here.

Regards

Ankoosh

Chief Officer

Email address:ankooshsoni@gmail.com

Edited by Ankoosh

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-4-12 at 02:42, Capt.ShawnM said:

HELLO EVERYONE,

I HAVE MY MASTERS COR ORALS-SYDNEY,  BOOKED FOR THE APRIL END, COULD ANYONE PLESE ASSIST WITH THE TYPE OF QUESTIONS ASKED.

THANKS A TON

Hi Shawn where did you stay during the exams in sydney and how many days before you did medicals. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

I have to appear for my OOW COR...how many days it take to book the exam, where is the best place to visit for exam and any pattern 

It would be really helpful for the help and guide..

Cheers

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...