Reusing medicals?!onshore applicants

Tomate

Hi there we applied for our 190 on July 17th and I'm just after some experience of onshore applicants who got to reuse their medicals.

We did medicals for out temp 485 in January 2013 ( this was X-ray and exam) but no HIV.

What do you think will we have to redo them or will they just reuse the old ones? We haven't left the country since...

Are HIV tests required regardless of country of origin and intended occupation?

Tia

No you can't reuse them. Blood tests are required for all pr visas. When we went for ours for the 485 we were asked if we were likely to go for pr within a year in which case we could use the full one for the 485, but not the other way around.

I knew they were a money making machine but this is getting ridiculous!!!

Another $1000 I won't ever see again!

Yep, I did Medicals four times altogether before I got pr. And the IELTS just before a rule change which made it useless for me.... Not that I'm bitter or anything. ;-)

Well this will be our third time... And we jut had to pay new visa fees which came to $5k with a partner and a child... Grr... And we haven't been back home to Europe in 5 years and relatives asking and I have to spend the savings on stupid hoops they make you jump through...

Do you have parents and grandparents breathing down your neck because they want to see the new family addition?! My son is 9 months now and they probably won't see him for another year... Feel like such a bad daughter... :(