Telephone

Guest tharg69

Can anyone tell me if we can take our UK telephones with us to Oz. If not can we buy an adaptoer.

Cheers.

Paul.

Shippers who came to quote us (3 of them), said our phones won't work over there.

Sure someone will correct me if I have been given the wrong info.

Were not going to bother taking ours though.

Cal x

the home phone wont work , but if u have a mobil with dual band it can be connected here on a network, we have vodafone, optus, telsta, virgin, 3 and apt or something, best to get a capped contract pay 49/mth spend 250 in calls ect

best to bring a new mobil from home as they are cheaper then ours, u can buy chargers or a universal plug adaptor anywhere here or airport

• 5 months later...

Uk phones will work in OZ. Well mine do!

You will need at least one adapter, maybe 2.

Australian houses either have an amercian type phone plug ( the tiny clear plastic ones you often have connecting the handset to the base station) or a big 1960's looking white plug. You can get UK adapters from the British Telecom to the american type plug. ( you will need to buy or order them from the UK ) And you can get the american to Australian 1960's plug in many shops in Oz if you need one.

Guest ABCDiamond

I brought two UK landline phones with me, one worked, one didn't :)

The definitive answer is ............ Who knows :D (It all depends)

The cheapest Prepaid Mobile phone at the moment is $49.50 at Kmart and other places, and that price includes $10 call credit ;)

Archived