Shipping a Chihuahua!

Hi there!

I have a few questions about possibly shipping my Female Chihuahua. I am currently in Australia and she is still in the UK, if I decide to stay and apply for a more permanent visa, I couldn't possibly leave her behind, she's like my child!

Firstly, she isn't always exactly friendly with people that she doesn't know, this tends to be when she thinks shes 'protecting me' I wouldn't say shes dangerous but she'll have a good bark at you, this doesn't usually happen when i'm not there with her, but would this be a problem?

Also as i'm not in the UK with her so I cant measure her for a quote right now, but if you could give me a rough idea of a price with petair (gold package) UK London (i'm guessing they don't do it from Birmingham) to Melbourne I would really appreciate it! I do know shes about 3 1/2 to 4 lbs weight, so she's very small. She is already microchipped but other than that I would be starting at the very beginning, not knowing much about the process!

TIA!

Dear Chelski

The naughtiest dog i ever treated was a tiny chihuahua. The owner always wanted to see me, but the little dog certainly did not!

We can definitely help in lots of ways - the Gold service from Birmingham will be around £1800 plus quarantine fees in Australia (around $500 AUD)

We would work it so that she would go to your local vets for the first check and then the blood samples and we would sign up the final paperwork. All the vet fees would be covered in our price (except for any other vaccinations she needs and if she needs sedating!)

She will need a microchip and a rabies vaccination and then around 3-4 weeks after that a rabies blood sample and then she cant travel for 180 days after the rabies blood sample. So if you have not had this done then you need to get this started. We dont include this in our fees as it is cheaper to get it done with your vets and they know how to do this part. They dont always know how to do the final preparations though.

I hope that helps and anything else let me know.

Bob

http://www.petairuk.com/australia