rabies injection

catmonkey

I'm now ready to import my cat to Melbourne, however I'm confused with some of the procedures. I have been in contact with petair, however its difficult to correspond with the time difference.

My cat had her rabies injection on 2/2/13 and I was looking at getting her on a flight after this date. Will I need another rabies injection and if so, will she need to be retested? If she does it might be worth bringing her sooner and spending longer in Quarantine as Iwant her here a.s.a.p.

Can you help Bob ?

Thanks

Hey Cat Monkey

When did she have the rabies blood sample?

If it is 1 month after the vaccination then with the new rules, you are sitting pretty and dont need to get either redone. The rabies vaccination has to be current, which it is and the blood sample has to be done within 24 months which it is, so i would say you are good to go for her to fly after 03 Feb 2013.

Any questions let us know

bob

Hi Bob,

The vaccination was 02/02/13 and blood test was 05/03/13. I am just waiting for the paperwork from Val to be sent but this worried me. I want her to come after 03/02/14 with the new rules. Hopefully all will be OK.

Please let me know if you think this may be an issue.

Thanks for your help .