nice areas ???

Guest lloyd1980

Guest lloyd1980

Hi all and thanks in advance for any helpful advice :wink:

I am a 30 year old electrician with a wife and 2 girls looking to emigrate to WA.

Before the kids arrived my wife and I spent a year in oz on a working holiday visa and ended up getting married in perth (Armadale) by a very nice expat welsh minister called Jeff Munn - had a dog called taffy:biggrin:

We spent about 6 months living/working in Perth, we stayed in Riverdale, the City, and we saw little of the surrounding areas / suburbs, north and south of perth.

We are looking to initially rent when arriving with a view to renting something longer term afgter 3-6 months, then when inheritance comes through purchase a property outright.

where would be suitable areas??? we would need to live close (ish) to the coast for the family, and also close or driveably close to the CBD in perth for potential work for me ( electrician ), have worked in the mines for 2 months in Yandi when I was there for AGC in an opencast Iron Ore mine , and realyl didnt like the seclusion or the FIFO lifestyle, so would need to work in the city or a heavily populated area so chance of consistant work/contracts is high.

also it needs to be reasonable in price rental wise as we are on a budget and wouldnt have a huge deal of spare income untill we got on our feet there.

To give you an idea our outgoings here (nice part of Chester, 3 bed semi detatched dorma 2 beds upstairs 1 down, garage, garden front / rear, we pay £600 a month negotiated from 650pm, council tax is about 1500 a year and gas / electricity is average 100 month combined, water 40 a month

not sure of todays exchange rate or what the current prices are on rentals , outgoings etc, am hoping one of you guys already there could help us out with a cheeky bit of inside information on what to expect

thanks guys

lloyd

• 4 weeks later...
Guest marcossupra

Hi Lloyd,

I live in Melbourne and what I can tell about bills for two people is:

Gas bill (if you have) AU$90.00 every 2 months

Electricity bill AU$190.00 every 3 months

Water bill AU$90.00 every 3 months

as you have 2 more girls, maybe is good idea to be prepared to be a little bit higher.

try to have a look about the property at Real Estate, Property, Land and Homes for Sale, lease and rent - realestate.com.au and www.domain.com.au

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Marcos

• 2 weeks later...

Archived