PPI reclaim

shellyk666

After my dad received a cheque for a successful reclaim of PPI I thought I'd make enquiries with my bank directly. It took 2 phone calls. The first to track down whether or not I actually had PPI on any credit with them in my past, and then the second call to register my complaint.

I honestly didn't think I had ever taken any PPI policies out, however, today I received over £1000 back!! :jiggy: They also give you 8% simple interest for each year that has passed.

I would suggest to everyone who has had a loan/credit card/store card etc in the past to phone the companies to double check, even if you are sure you would never have taken a PPI policy out - like I was you may be surprised!

Well done. Have you been using Martin Money Tips!!

I havent checked - but Im sure I never took out any PPI as I always thought it was a con.

I do subscribed to MoneySavingExpert but it was all so very simple. Literally just 2 phone calls. The people at Lloyds TSB were incredibly helpful. They even went back a lot further than 6 yrs (to 2001 in my case). There is no time limit on a claim, but if it was over 6 years ago the company is not obliged to have kept any info so you may have to prove it yourself (with a policy agreement etc). This wasn't the case with Lloyds TSB though, they were able to search using my name, DOB and current account number and traced a really old loan through that. I didn't even need the policy or loan account number.

I'd still check if I were you, I thought exactly the same thing. I would never have taken a PPI policy out had I been given the option, but that's part of the problem - a lot of the time it was just included in the repayment and wasn't explained. I was certainly never given an option. It's got to be worth a phone call!