help us to be on our way to migrating please!

Guest Addy360

Guest Addy360

well where do i start.. i am 18, called Adam, i have a mother and a father and a brother, my mum, is 43, my dad is 42, and my brother is 14.

before febuary this year, we did have enough points to get a general skilled visa, 130 to be exact, and my mum is a nurse, so her occupation was on the list, but after febuary after they updated the list.. the profession of registered nurse disappeared from it, so we are left with 110 points, but as you probably know you need 120 points to gain the general skilled visa.

we are kind of in a pickle as we desperatley want to leave the uk, to australia, moving there means alot to my mum and id really like for us to go, she has done the general english test to gain extra points also, i was just wondering.. sorry if im wrong about anything because i dont know much about whats really going on, only that she is pretty upset about not going so id really appreciate if anybody could just give any help or pointers as to what to do to get into oz. (we dont have family over there either)

p.s. we are a decent and law abiding and my family are nice people.. for whatever its worth :)

Hi Adam, welcome. Two things I can think of as your Mom is a nurse has she looked to see whether she could find a hospital that would sponsor her for a job? Perhaps if she contacted the human resources department at the various hospitals she could find if they are looking for someone with her skills.

Alternatively what about looking at State Sponsorship. I dont know if the state skills lists have been finalised or not.

What about your Dad's skills - can your family claim some points for his skills?

I assume from how you write that you are still living at home with your parents. I think because you are 18 to include you in their visa they would need to have proof that they are still supporting you e.g. you are in full time study.

I am sure there are others on here who will be able to think of other alternatives for you but good luck in the meantime.

Guest Guest31881

The best thing is to contact an agent, and ask what options you have, don't just go by what you can see on a list. get proffesional advice and i am sure your mom will be advised on a path to Australia.

As said earlier because of your age, you would probably need to show that you are dependent on your family for support to be included in visa.

Guest Addy360

yeah, i am in currently in education and i live with my parents so we will take care of that, my mum said she wasnt too keane on the getting a sponsorship from a workplace, because if they for some reason dont need her anymore, she would have to leave the country. and getting an agent is probably the best idea but i dont think theyll pay for one.. ill ask them.

we have applied for state sponsorship, so hopefully they will accept the application :D

Guest guest30038
yeah, i am in currently in education and i live with my parents so we will take care of that, my mum said she wasnt too keane on the getting a sponsorship from a workplace, because if they for some reason dont need her anymore, she would have to leave the country. and getting an agent is probably the best idea but i dont think theyll pay for one.. ill ask them.

we have applied for state sponsorship, so hopefully they will accept the application :D

If they sponsor here, they can't get rid of her except for misconduct. Sponsorship isn't as tying as it may seem. I know of quite a few nurses dissatisfied with their sponsor who have found other hospitals to take up their sponsorship.

Good Luck

kev

Guest Ladygray

Hi Adam, I am so proud of you, it is so nice to see a young man caring so much about the whole thing. I can understand your mums reluctance to seek a empoyer sponsorship, but rest assured if your mum is approved for State sponsorship it is a whole different thing. Once in the sponsorsing state she can work where ever, so if she doesn't like one job she can move to another. Its only a requirement that you all remain in the sponsoring state for the 2 years.

I am sure if your father and younger brother are as caring and concerned as you are, then you will all have a wonderful time once you arrive in Australia.

I get the feeling that you would protect your mum with your life!!!! how I wish there were more young men like you in this world!!!! All the best.

Archived