Best shipping company

Guest Mandy H

Guest Mandy H

Hi

Can anyone give us any advice please, We have had quotes from PSS and Anglo Pacific, got another one after reading good reports on May 12th from John Mason

Can anyone let us know their experience of the 3 companies if you have used them and if they were competitive with their quotes.

Thanks for any advice given

Mand:smile:

Guest Glynn2547

Hi Guys,

we have just had a quote from John Mason also, we were very pleased with their professionalism. we have also had Excess international came round on Thursday last, Still to receive the quote. Again they were very professional more into the technical side, where as John mason seemed to offer more information on the move. we have also received a quote from TransAtlantic Line Uk Ltd, they were more of a DIY international movers ie they turn turn up with a 20ft container and you have 3 hour to fill it, this was £1400 to Perth.

hope this helps

Regards

Glynn and family

Guest snow white

weve used doree bonner twice and cannot fault them at all no harm in asking them for a quote

not always is the cheapest option the best as ive been down that route with another company which i cant mention unfortunately!

lesley x

Guest slipshot

All pot luck. The biy ou see you is only a very small part of it and you may get lucky or you may not. Some people have lots of damage (as we did) some have stuff go missing (we did not), but it's totally pot luck as to who packs and how well they do it, how well the stuff is looked after upon arrival and moved around for customes and AQIS.

You have so little control I dont' think that the salesmen can be a good reflection as they sell, then leave. That's their job, but you are not paying for them but for your goods and there is not a lot you can know...

Guest The "legdes"

My brother had a poor experience last year with Anglo Pacific. We've had a good quote from Steve Davis of Dorree Bonner in York which we will be using - I'd ring and ask for him. One point to watch for - make sure they are insured against bancruptcy otherwise you could have to pay twice to get your stuff if they went bust while your container was on its way. Doree Bonner and Pickfords have this covered.

Archived