Bridging Visa B for Tourism - possible?

Guest polkadot

Guest polkadot

I wonder if anyone can help from their knowledge / experience with Bridging Visa Type B.

I am planning to go to the States for a holiday and visiting a friend during the upcoming easter break. I applied for GSM 885 visa on Aug-2010, and currently on Bridging Visa A, obviously.

My questions:

1) Is tourism/visiting a friend a valid/substantial reason for applying a bridging visa b, or is that too brutally honest? Because I really want a holiday.... I have a full time job, have enough savings to go, and have enough annual leaves saved up.. Thats about the reason I want to travel OUTSIDE australia. Otherwise what do you suggest I should put as reason?

2) When is generally the best time to apply? Obviously I want to secure my plane ticket ASAP so I can get the best fare available. So for me personally the sooner I can get the BVB the better. Can anyone suggest with DIAC is it better to apply BVB closer to the date of intended departure or way ahead before?

Appreciate your response and thanks in advance.

Cheers:notworthy:

WE have been on a bridging visa A for over 2 years and have left the country twice now - never had any kind of problems getting a bridging visa B - you are paying for it after all lol

First one was for a holiday and second to get married but they didn't ask - we went into the immigration, paid and got it there and then.

Guest polkadot

Hi Sambo76, thanks for replying. Just the sort of response i was expecting.

When you were granted bvb, did your bvb start from the day you applied? Do you know if its better to apply soon or better wait closer to my departure?

It was granted at the date you applied and you got 3 months from then, so it would be better nearer the time I would think.

Hi, I've been following the posts and would like more information please...

I'm all set to go on pilgrimage to Israel, but I'd like to know if I can get more than 3 months for BVB?

It's just that I need time to finalize everything here, return to my home country and then head off to Israel. If the BVB comes too soon, then I may not have enough time overseas.

I went overseas a few times with Bridging visa B and I didn't have to prove anything at all. But last time, officer told me I'd need to produce proof in future. So maybe it depends on the officer at the time. My reason last time was 'visiting family & friend'. And I didnt go back home for 1 and half year before that, so she said it was ok.

Yes, I've been reading a lot about the variations here on the forums. One person saying the maximum is 88 days and a few saying they could go off for 6 months!

i have read the form to apply bridging type b.

it doesnt actually specify how long you are allowed to travel but YOU have to make an application or a request to THEM, specifying the intended stay.

i would say if you have reason(s), then they may approve it on case by case basis :)

i have read the form to apply bridging type b.

it doesnt actually specify how long you are allowed to travel but YOU have to make an application or a request to THEM, specifying the intended stay.

i would say if you have reason(s), then they may approve it on case by case basis :)

Ah, I see. That makes it much clearer now.

This is what my CO emailed me in relation to a similar query...

"Re your query on Bridging visa B, it is possible to apply for such visa

which is valid for one year instead of just for few months. Please ensure

to provide any relevant information in the application form (Form 1006)

when you apply for Bridging visa B."

HTH

Cx

This is what my CO emailed me in relation to a similar query...

"Re your query on Bridging visa B, it is possible to apply for such visa

which is valid for one year instead of just for few months. Please ensure

to provide any relevant information in the application form (Form 1006)

when you apply for Bridging visa B."

HTH

Cx

Many thanks

Archived