New school in ormeau, coomera area. Gold coast qld.

Tina2

Hi all, have mentioned this in a couple of replies to others questions but knowing how hard it is to get a place at a private school in the Ormeau, Coomera area thought i would give it its own thread.

There is a brand new Lutheran school about to open in Ormeau. School is called "Lords" it will start with Kindy, and Prep to Gr 8 in Jan 2012. From what i heard on the weekend they have already reached there target opening number of 120 students, but are still taking some enrollments.

Fees are not high, but education standard will be. One thing i heard on the weekend is that they will have "vertual" learning in the high school from what i can gather this means if you child wants to do a subject not taught as an elective, if it is taught at another lutheran school which is linked by computer, then your child can do the subject using a computer to become apart of the class at the other lutheran school. Interesting concept if you are transfering schools.

Also for some subjects where buildings are not yet ready students will be taken by school bus to Trinity Lutheran on the GC.

I know Coomera Anglican, Assicci Catholic, and St Stephen, are all now full so thought this may help. You will of course have to accept that not all facilities are built yet, but at least you have a chance of getting a place, i know they are now taking enrollments for 2013.

Heres a web site if it helps anyone http://www.lords.qld.edu.au

We looked at this school for my son who will be going into grade 8 this year. Seems to be a really good school my only concern was it being such a new school would it have all the amenities set up that my son may need. Love the idea of only having 120 students starting this year. Schooling is difficult where we are as we seem to be out of the catchment for most high schools being where we are. Only one we were guaranteed a place at was Upper Coomera State College and that doesnt have a very good reputation :( I believe there is also a new high school being built this year ready for 2013 intake near Gainsborough greens Coomera :) We have now been offered a place at Ormeau woods which they rejected in the first instance being out of catchment but they reviewed at the end of last year so we now have the choice of two.

We looked at this school for my son who will be going into grade 8 this year. Seems to be a really good school my only concern was it being such a new school would it have all the amenities set up that my son may need. Love the idea of only having 120 students starting this year. Schooling is difficult where we are as we seem to be out of the catchment for most high schools being where we are. Only one we were guaranteed a place at was Upper Coomera State College and that doesnt have a very good reputation :( I believe there is also a new high school being built this year ready for 2013 intake near Gainsborough greens Coomera :) We have now been offered a place at Ormeau woods which they rejected in the first instance being out of catchment but they reviewed at the end of last year so we now have the choice of two.

Hi Guys

Had the same concerns but our daughter spoke with Jodie the principle about a place for our Grand Children in Prep and we now have NO concerns at all. This school will make sure everyone is taken care of. Our grandson actually had to go for a 1/2 hour "assessment" before starting prep ! No not to see if he can attend but to see his level so they know exactly if he needs help, or extention etc. Very Impressed. School will have a cap around 900 so always stay small in comparison to other schools, so the children will not become just a number.

They have some amazing plans in place. Love the idea of an Observatory, they will also be involved in out door Ed camps at shared Lutheran outdoor centers. Some great ideas when it comes to anti bullying programs. I think a little pain in the early stages will be well worth the gain in the longer term. Stage 1 is complete, Stage 2 well underway and stage 3 to start shortly. School will be complete by 2016.

Wont hurt to give the school a call and have a chat, you have nothing to loose and maybe a whole lot to gain.

Good luck.

ps. You may find this info useful, these are links to 3 of the Ourdoor Centers used by the Lutheran schools in Qld. Not your normal camps but boy what an amazing experiance, our daughter went through one of these camps some years ago and grew up 10 years in just 4 weeks :laugh:

http://www.qorf.org.au/01_cms/details.asp?ID=515

http://www.concordia.qld.edu.au/index.php/11 http://www.concordia.qld.edu.au/pdf/ballon_handbook_2010.pdf

http://www.stpeters.qld.edu.au/en/Learning/Junior High/Junior High tabs/Ironbark.aspx