Help with locations of farm work/March time.

Lavelle

Hi I'm 23 and I've recently left the Army, I'm travelling over solo in early March. I was wondering if someone could give me advice on where is best to fly too for farm work etc? I'll have £11,000 when I come over so won't be desperate for a job straight away and also wondering if you think I should travel and enjoy myself first or get the needed work done straight away for the 2nd year Visa?

Any advice would be appreciated!

I found farm work really easily in Queensland, this was 7 years ago though!! We landed in Cairns and stayed there for a while then got a bus to innisfail where we got work on a banana farm within a couple of hours of us getting there. We also found work on an Avocado farm in Childers which is a bit further down the East Coast. There always seemed to be work in Tully and Bundaberg.

I'd definately recommend getting the farm work out of the way if you want your second year x

We have a WHV section of the forum and a WHV farm work job listing within it

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/backpacking-whv/

I've moved your thread here.

Personally I'd get the regional work out the way asap. Sometimes people think they've done it and then find they are a few days short or don't get it signed off or some such or just run out of time and then find it hard to find the regional work before their first year runs out.