Ben McCartney

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

SHE’S got a ticket to fly for a boy by the name of McCartney.

But it’s not Paul she’s after; it needs to be Ben McCartney.

When Deakin nursing student Juliet Swanepoel booked two tickets to the Sunshine Coast, she imagined surprising her then-boyfriend with a relaxing and romantic three-day getaway.

But their relationship has broken up and she’s now on the hunt for a man with the same name to share in a fun-filled adventure.

“I wanted to bring a friend with me instead, but it was a Jetstar fare where I was able to take a friend for free and I couldn’t change the name on the ticket,” Ms Swanepoel said. “I thought, ‘why let it go to waste’?”

The 36-year-old Zimbabwe-born adventurer, who lives in Grovedale, plans to stay in Noosa and hopes to find another man called Ben McCartney who is keen for a free plane ticket.

The return trip is booked for October 24 to 27, though accommodation has not yet been sorted.

“If he’s not creepy, he can share accommodation if he wants,” Ms Swanepoel said.

“I want to drink margaritas, get a tan, go out, dance, have fun and basically imagine I’m in Cancun, possibly with a gorgeous guy by my side,” she said.

“I’m hoping to find someone spontaneous, because going on a trip with a stranger who just happens to have a ticket is a pretty random thing to do.

“Ideally he’d be kind of cute and open to having fun. He can have a dad-bod, totally. But it doesn’t have to be a relationship thing — it’d be great to just to make a new friend.”

To contact Ms Swanepoel email sudevidasi@gmail.com.