Heading East from Perth - Travel Buddy needed - Late Jan start

mexpirate

Planning a big adventure, have a car (the mighty Hyundai Getz! 2005 with 90,000km on the clock) with rooftop tent and all the gear ready to go, car has just had a full service and new timing belt - air-con works perfectly ;), First leg starts from Perth towards the end of January, heading to Melbourne via Esperance & Adelaide.

My journey will continue to Tasmania, Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane, Cairns, Alice Springs, Uluru, Darwin, Broome etc and take approx 4 months in total. Let me know if you would be interested in joining for a particular leg of the trip or the whole thing.

The plan is to keep costs to a minimum so will primarily be looking for free spots to parkup/sleep & meet people - petrol & food costs will be minimal (around 6c per km each), cooking budget meals on two camping stoves/barbeques and stocking up at supermarkets along the way.

Travel buddy will require: Camping chair, bedding or sleeping bag & a spare tent for backup or if we are entertaining guest(s)

The plan is to see as much of the wildlife, beaches, national parks and other places of interest and spend only short amounts of time in the cities - plans/timescales still very loose at the moment so shout if you have a particular route or destinations in mind and we can plan accordingly

I'm 30 and English, ideally looking for someone who has excellent spoken English as we will be spending a long time chatting :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Chewitts
Planning a big adventure, have a car (the mighty Hyundai Getz! 2005 with 90,000km on the clock) with rooftop tent and all the gear ready to go, car has just had a full service and new timing belt - air-con works perfectly ;), First leg starts from Perth towards the end of January, heading to Melbourne via Esperance & Adelaide.

My journey will continue to Tasmania, Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane, Cairns, Alice Springs, Uluru, Darwin, Broome etc and take approx 4 months in total. Let me know if you would be interested in joining for a particular leg of the trip or the whole thing.

The plan is to keep costs to a minimum so will primarily be looking for free spots to parkup/sleep & meet people - petrol & food costs will be minimal (around 6c per km each), cooking budget meals on two camping stoves/barbeques and stocking up at supermarkets along the way.

Travel buddy will require: Camping chair, bedding or sleeping bag & a spare tent for backup or if we are entertaining guest(s)

The plan is to see as much of the wildlife, beaches, national parks and other places of interest and spend only short amounts of time in the cities - plans/timescales still very loose at the moment so shout if you have a particular route or destinations in mind and we can plan accordingly

I'm 30 and English, ideally looking for someone who has excellent spoken English as we will be spending a long time chatting :)

Wow that is a lot to do in 4 months......driving straight between each of those places is about 15000km without any side trips.....

we spent a year in a motorhome driving around australia, we started in Melbourne and traveled clockwise up to Darwin and down through the centre, then back around to Darwin and up the east coast, we got as far as the Queensland boarder that took a full year, traveling to places along the coast etc ie off the main route adds a lot of kms.....we ended up having done just over 33,000km

i would advise that you allow yourself much more time or not go as far.......having to drive 100's km every single day is not fun and you do not get time to see stuff.