WHV - Entry Flight Requirements?

GabrielleWatson

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum, so thought I'd introduce myself! My name's Gabrielle, and my boyfriend and I are travelling to Perth on our first WHV in February.

A quick question, and apologies if it's already been covered; i read that you need to enter Australia with return flights booked..? Is this true? Our plan is to get our second WHV and then travel on to NZ so we are only planning to book one way flights as we don't know when we will be returning to the UK or where we will fly back from.

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Thanks a lot in advance!

[emoji4]

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi and welcome to the forum. The main thing immigration are bothered about is that you are going to leave and that you have the funds available for a return flight. To be honest though flights are cheaper to book from the UK compared to here so it may be wise to price up an open ticket.

Guest The Pom Queen
Hiya. Thanks for that, i will have a look into an open ticket, i didnt actually think of that haha! So even if I don't chose an open ticket, they wont object to us not having a return or exit flight booked?

As long as you have the funds available to pay for the flight back and a valid excuse I would have thought you would be fine. Many backpackers don't even return to the UK after backpacking here, they may move on to Thailand etc.

Guest The Pom Queen
Thanks a lot for that, it is the plan to continue travelling for as long as funds permit! Thank you :)

No worries, have fun and any more questions ask away