Sydney to Cairns middle of October

Rossedwards1

Hi Everyone ,

planning on doing the hop on hop off bus from Sydney to cairns

Starting in sydney around the middle of october , which company is the best to use ,as I have seen a lot offering this trip ?? And Is this the best way to meet new people

as am coming over to OZ on my own?? If anyone is doing the trip aswell send me a message :)

Thank you

• 1 month later...

I guess it's as good a way as any of meeting new people, but once you are in a hostel in Sydney, you will probably meet up with a few people anyway. Join the YHA before you leave, maybe book a couple of weeks with them around Central. You can probably wait until you're here before booking the coach trip. You might link up with people driving their own vehicle too.

If you're going with Greyhound, its cheaper to book in advance for their coach trip i think, though they are always regarded as the more expensive option. Ive never used a hop-on hop-off coach (my WHV adventure doesn't start till September) but i get the impression they are really more just a coach service, not a tour as such, so i wouldn't necessarily expect to make friends. Though as MARYROSE02 says, you'l be making friends in the hostels in no time so i wouldn't worry about that.

Just so you know, it'l be getting real hot and wet in Cairns from October. I'm starting in Brisbane and heading down with the Summer season, heading back up with the Winter. Not saying your way is wrong, just worth bearing in mind.

Edited by Uprawr