working holiday visa - additional documents required.

kylemac91

Hi guys, as some of you know i applied for my working holiday visa last week.. i kind of expected there to be a bit of a hassle as i have a few convictions (nothing too serious, some driving offences, not turning up to court (didn't know i had to be up) and a breach of the peace) these date back to 2007 and don't go any further than late 2010.

I received a reply from the immigration department and i need to give them the following information.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO

To be satisfied that you are of good character, additional information is required. For each offence, please provide the following information:

1. The offence for which you were convicted and the date of the conviction.

2. A personal account of the events leading up to and including the offence - your statement should include the reasons for the offending behaviour, rehabilitation received and any other relevant information, such as sentencing remarks.

3. Whether a fine was imposed by a court for the offence and for what monetary amount.

4. Whether a period of detention or periodic detention was imposed for the offence and for what period of time.

5. Whether a sentence was imposed by a court for the offence and for what period of time ("sentence" includes any form of determination of the punishment for an offence).

6. Whether a suspended sentence was imposed by a court for the offence (for example, required to undertake community service).

7. Any additional information that relates to the offence.

COPY OF POLICE CERTIFICATE REQUIRED

8. As you have made a declaration that you have criminal convictions, you are required to provide a record of these convictions from an acceptable official source.

Information from another person or organisation

In this request we have asked you to provide information from another person or organisation about your health, your ability to satisfy public interest visa criteria (including your character and police history), your English proficiency, or your skills or qualifications. You are allowed to take longer than the period specified above to provide this information to us.

Okay, well.. the first part i get all fine (apart from the fact i cant even remember what happened in half the offences, so how am i meant to give a run up to the events etc?) and... the information from another person is something i don't get? can this be anybody? my family? a friend? etc. or does it need to be a business owner or ex work colleague or something?

Cheers, hopefully someone has been in this situation before and can help.

Kyle.

Hi Kyle

i would say it would need to be someone in a professional position, I.e a teacher, doctor, police officer etc, the same way that when you apply for a passport in this country your photo has to be countersigned by someone in a professional position