Leaving Australia Temporarily on a Permanent resident visa

Ozzieland

Hi,

I have a Australian Permanent Residency visa and validated it on July 2011. Now, I have to return to India for a couple of months before returning back. Is there any process that I need to adhere to before leaving Australia ? I don't want to be stuck at the airport for want of a valid visa after going through so much trouble getting this PR in the first place :biggrin:

Thanks

Guest prudence33

Hi Ozzieland,

The only thing you would need to produce is your visa. In Australia, an E-Visa is fine, and your passport is linked to it anyway. I am not quite sure if that would be sufficient in India, when returning. I would advise that you get a visa label if you do not have one. So to answer your question, you do not require to adhere to anything as such as you have a multiple entry visa.

All the best. :-)

Guest prudence33

Do that, or you could simply phone the department, and they would advise you. I am quite certain that you just need a visa label, and that can be done over the counter.

Guest prudence33
Just visit your nearest DIAC office, and queue up, and you'll get a visa label OTC. That way you wont need to worry about anything else...

I agree! It's as simple as that.

Archived