Recent 186 Processing Times

Hi, 

Wondering if anyone has been through or submitted for a 186 in the last 4-6 months? Interested to know timescales and any notifications from point of police clearance and medical submissions. Have any been processed to approval or still in immigration limbo land?

Reason I ask for recent is the covid applications skewing timescales. From August - October 2022 seems to be more akin to normal processing times, as advised by Migration Advisor.. 

Thank ya 🙂

Not sure what stream you’re applying for, but our 186 (transition stream coming from a 482) got lodged on 5 Aug, we got our medicals done asap (18 Aug) and PR got granted on 20 Dec. This was despite the immi site suggesting it could take over 2 years. 

All the best

AMAZING! 

Thank you. I'm a construction manager and have switched from 189 to 186 due to job offer with PR. 

We lodged on 12 Dec and received medical and police deadline on 14 Dec (for 11 Jan upload). Police certs received yday. 

Medicals have been delayed to 13 Jan (now only one approved in Scotland + holiday period) so we have to ask for an EOT. 

I'd really like to be over around May, although I realise that is tight. Booking accommodation and flights with flexibility. 

Which stream and state are you? 

That might be tight but stranger things have happened! I was told that the thing that really delays an application is taking too long to do the medicals so look for cancellations etc if that is possible. I was 482 Skilled shortage visa, then employer sponsored PR (186) on the transition stream which is apparently the one that takes the longest (I'm assuming it's a lower priority as the applicant is already in the country). Currently in NSW.

Ah ok - there is so many visas and then the intricacies of each visa, state, occupation, transition etc. Absolute minefield. 

I'm hoping it's picked up soon as we were assigned a case officer within 48 hours which even our lawyer was surprised at but that could mean anything. Disappointed we have had to ask for the EOT for medicals but we had issues with another company who are no longer panel certified - long story! 

We've asked for cancellation spaces, but as we are travelling to Edinburgh for them now it's not as easy (although better than London!). 

Thank you for the info.