Partners Visa 309/ tourist visa extension expiring

Matrix8631

Hello hope everyone here is doing fine.

We lodge our 309 partners visa last September 2019 and now it's on  Further  assistment, upon lodging 309 partners visa  we also apply a tourist visa and grant me a 1year multiple entry....so I been in Australia back and forth...last  June   my tourist visa is expiring and because 0f covid19 we apply for visa extension bcoz by that time also border is close,so yeah they grant 6months extension ...and also we read news that the  fly out/ fly in rule  will be temporarily suspended??and take effect early this year..

Question,since my  tourist visa extension is expiring  can we apply a tourist visa again??  We honestly waiting for the fly out/ fly in rule news  as of this moment..and flying out Australia  right now for us is not ok bcoz of covid19 plus Australian border will not opening anything soon... 

So I hope you guys here  could help me and my partner on what we should do next..

Thank you and God bless us all

Yes the concession was announced in November to grant offshore partner visas onshore, however it is only due to be implemented in "early 2021"....

You may be able to get a bridging visa A (which is free), but i think you have to have held a valid tourist visa at the time you applied for the 309. I would check your 309/100 application in your immiaccount and see if the option for  a BVA comes up.

Otherwise you can apply for another (onshore) tourist visa as long as you dont have a no further stay condition on your current tourist visa.

If you have a 'no further stay' condition then you need to get that waived first before applying for another tourist visa.

1 hour ago, GRS said:

Yes the concession was announced in November to grant offshore partner visas onshore, however it is only due to be implemented in "early 2021"....

You may be able to get a bridging visa A (which is free), but i think you have to have held a valid tourist visa at the time you applied for the 309. I would check your 309/100 application in your immiaccount and see if the option for  a BVA comes up.

Otherwise you can apply for another (onshore) tourist visa as long as you dont have a no further stay condition on your current tourist visa.

If you have a 'no further stay' condition then you need to get that waived first before applying for another tourist visa.

Ohh i see. Well I guess the options  is to get new tourist visa onshore.. my partner and I really thought  the concession will take effect this month 

Thank you so much for answer my question  here.. very much appreciated