Health Assessment

Michael P

Just wanted to share my experience with the health assessment. 4 family members got direct clearance. My 16-year old son and I initially didn't, and our status just showed "Assessment in Progress - no action required".

I don't know why my son did not get the initial clearance. The MO told me at the health assessment that he had found traces of blood in my urine though and it would need further lab testing. We did it on a Tuesday. The results were in on Immiaccount on Friday which is when the status updated to "Assessment in Progress" for my son and I, while my wife and our 3 daughters immediately went to "Health Clearance Provided".

I spent the WHOLE week worrying and worrying, and making contingency planning for what to do if we were rejected. It was totally needless as the status automatically updated the following Tuesday to "Health Clearance Provided" for both my son and I.

Point being, don't worry if the health assessment doesn't immediately clear. It could very well be something completely irrelevant for the visa. Enjoy every day like you normally would, and tackle each challenge only as they appear! I hope this can help someone else to relax a bit if they are in the same boat one day. 😀

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Pom Queen
On 01/09/2020 at 15:03, Michael P said:

Just wanted to share my experience with the health assessment. 4 family members got direct clearance. My 16-year old son and I initially didn't, and our status just showed "Assessment in Progress - no action required".

I don't know why my son did not get the initial clearance. The MO told me at the health assessment that he had found traces of blood in my urine though and it would need further lab testing. We did it on a Tuesday. The results were in on Immiaccount on Friday which is when the status updated to "Assessment in Progress" for my son and I, while my wife and our 3 daughters immediately went to "Health Clearance Provided".

I spent the WHOLE week worrying and worrying, and making contingency planning for what to do if we were rejected. It was totally needless as the status automatically updated the following Tuesday to "Health Clearance Provided" for both my son and I.

Point being, don't worry if the health assessment doesn't immediately clear. It could very well be something completely irrelevant for the visa. Enjoy every day like you normally would, and tackle each challenge only as they appear! I hope this can help someone else to relax a bit if they are in the same boat one day. 😀

Thank you for updating us @Michael P . I’m sorry you went through that unnecessary stress but glad it turned out ok. I remember the same happening to us, mine was held back and I felt so guilty thinking what if I’ve stopped the family from moving.