MA FOR 186 visa

Fionasun

Hello, I am now under 2year 457 visa, and will apply 186 after 2 year, what time shall I appoint a MA to proceed my 186 visa? 

Coz I still have another year to apply 186, but not sure if I shall appoint a MA now.. which still hv a year to wait for.

Besides, I am still under the old 457 visa, which I will need two year experienec to proceed the 186 visa... is there any update abt it ? Or I will need to apply 186 the last day of my 457 visa?As I only got two year 457 visa instead of the 4 year one..

many thanks 

On 27/01/2019 at 02:58, Fionasun said:

Hello, I am now under 2year 457 visa, and will apply 186 after 2 year, what time shall I appoint a MA to proceed my 186 visa? 

Coz I still have another year to apply 186, but not sure if I shall appoint a MA now.. which still hv a year to wait for.

Besides, I am still under the old 457 visa, which I will need two year experienec to proceed the 186 visa... is there any update abt it ? Or I will need to apply 186 the last day of my 457 visa?As I only got two year 457 visa instead of the 4 year one..

many thanks 

Hi Fionasun,

The first day of visa is not the day your visa is granted. It is the first day one starts to work after his visa is granted.

For example, I got my VISA at May but I starts to work at July, so my 2 years time accumulation starts from July not May. I think for most people it is very unlikely to start working at the same day the visa gets granted. Let's say what if the VISA is granted at 2:00 PM? Then even you start to work at 2:00 PM that won't make it a full working day.

To be honest, I am not confident if you meet the 2 years requirement at the last day of your two year visa(even you started to work at the very first same day as soon as your visa was granted, which can hardly be met). Maybe that is the purpose of the 2 years visa: they don't want anyone to be qualified for the 2 years requirement on that single 2 years visa.

I strongly suggest  that you consulate a MA to find out.