186 DE Nomination & Visa Application

Hi guys, I'm applying for 186 DE at the moment. The nomination has been lodged this morning, just wondering do I have to lodge my visa application now?

I don't want to risk the application fee for sure, but is there any difference if I lodge nomination and visa application at the same time?

Will the department priority my case if I also lodge my visa application?

Newbie here, appreciate any pieces of advice. Thanks~

40 minutes ago, candy’smom said:

Hi guys, I'm applying for 186 DE at the moment. The nomination has been lodged this morning, just wondering do I have to lodge my visa application now?

I don't want to risk the application fee for sure, but is there any difference if I lodge nomination and visa application at the same time?

Will the department priority my case if I also lodge my visa application?

Newbie here, appreciate any pieces of advice. Thanks~

I did applied for DE 186 visa within one week . Nothing happened yet .you never know what they gonna do..

Nomination lodged 5th oct 2016

Visa applied on 12th oct 2016 

Status still recieved 

?

37 minutes ago, Gkaur said:

I did applied for DE 186 visa within one week . Nothing happened yet .you never know what they gonna do..

Nomination lodged 5th oct 2016

Visa applied on 12th oct 2016 

Status still recieved 

?

Ture, we never know....  just wondering if there anybody got nomination approved before lodge visa application~

On 02/07/2018 at 15:28, candy’smom said:

Ture, we never know....  just wondering if there anybody got nomination approved before lodge visa application~

I guess some guys apply visa along with nomination for number of reasons.

One is to enrol into medicare and another one could be their existing visa expires. There is nothing difference if you apply visa because immi will process your nomination first. 

My recommendation to you is if you have existing visa and valid for more than 1 year then wait nomination to be granted, in worst case at least you can save your visa fee up. And reapply nomination again soon after.

hope it helps

14 hours ago, KazBaker said:

I guess some guys apply visa along with nomination for number of reasons.

One is to enrol into medicare and another one could be their existing visa expires. There is nothing difference if you apply visa because immi will process your nomination first. 

My recommendation to you is if you have existing visa and valid for more than 1 year then wait nomination to be granted, in worst case at least you can save your visa fee up. And reapply nomination again soon after.

hope it helps

Thank you so much for your answer~ really helpful~ I plan to wait for 2 months hahah   figures cross