RSMS 187 Visa Timelines

Guest quaverwave

Guest quaverwave

Hi, My partner (3 and I (32) have put in the application form etc and his skills have been assessed and he has passed. SO we are now at the next stage. We are filling in the forms for South Australia at the moment, but wondered if anyone has any opinions on that area? My partner has been, but I haven't and he only visited for a short time. We can also look at Victoria, so we are wondering which is the best option.

We are both into quite cosmopolitan places, with the outdoors being the key attraction..hence Oz to start with! We love sport , particularly swimming.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

• 1 month later...
Guest potatoes3

Hello

We have sponsorship from the SA government and we have chosen them because we can live right in the centre of Adelaide whereas on an SIR visa the Victorian government won't allow us to live in Melbourne.

We wnated to be inner city so we could be on the doorstep of the events and sports.

Adelaide has the arts festival, clipsall 500 race, tour down under and the Oval for test match cricket.

We have found the rental prices of flats and houses really cheap and are hoping to be able to bike to work as the city is only a couple of miles square.

Also, the SA government are going all out to help skilled migrants and so there seems much more info available to help us.

Hope this helps and see you in Adelaide soon.

x

Lizzie

Hi ya, we are relocating to Victoria in Feb 06, under the State Territory nomincated visa, we have no restrictions as to where we can live, only restriction is that I must not enter before my partner, as he is the primary applicant. Mark is a bricklayer and they are desperate for them in Melbourne, maybe this is the reason why we didn't have any restrictions placed on our visa, what do you do for a living.

Guest quaverwave

We are moving to Adelaide area now as Victoria have said we needed to declare our undying love for their state....our immigration people say that this is a new thing that 'some' states are doing......they won't let us apply to both states in other words! So we have plummed for SA as we have already been accepted by them.

I am a teacher, so I hope to have no problems out there for jobs, its just a case of finding one when we get there! And my partner(the primary applicant) is in IT, so also on the skilled list.

• 12 years later...